Analytical Reflection

This presentation is a good platform for the team to gather feedback from industry experts and also to truly understand the needs and concern of the industry. However, it was also a nerve-racking experience for me because in the midst of presenting, my mind suddenly went blank and I could not connect my thoughts. It was a very scary experience because the entire auditorium was quiet, and everyone was just staring at me. However, I have learnt that I should not have just kept quiet and stare at the audience but I should have just carried on with the next point instead of trying to recall what I should elaborate on. Nevertheless, I tried to slowly pace myself back onto the right track and elaborate on the rest of the points. The idea of presenting in front of the whole civil cohort made me feel tenser and all the eyes staring at me from the audience seats were very frightening.
The team was given feedback to enlarge the font size of our presentation slides as from far it looks quite small and thus the judges were unable to read it. 


Other than being a part of presenting in the showcase, I was also a committee member and my role was to help to liaise with photographer or videographer together with my friend, Alicia. One of the challenges we faced is that both of us went around and asked our classmates if they are interested in helping out for the event. Not only that, those who are keen should also have the necessary gadgets and it was quite hard to find someone who had both. Fortunately, two of our classmates were willing to help out for the showcase. This showcase had taught me to be courageous and face my fears. Although I still stumble on the road to success, but I know I will get better with more practice and facing my fears without fear. To face my fears head on.

Comments

  1. Dear Shu Min,

    Thank you very much for the effort reflecting on your showcase presentation experience. I appreciate what your team did that day!

    Best of luck in your next presentation!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interpersonal Conflict

Formal Introduction