Critical Reflection

Referring to the goals I have set at the start of the course which are improving my writing skills and improving on communication skills, I personally feel that there is still room for improvement to polish up my writing skills. One particular weakness I still face is that for some sentences I phrase, it sometimes would not be able to convey what I mean to the reader. In order to improve my writing skills, I think I should work hard and read more books and newspapers to improve my grammar and sentence structure.


As for communication skills, I believe I can communicate with my peers more effectively now. Understanding the importance of communicating, I placed my heart into trying to communicate effectively for the past few months and as such, I learnt to read the feelings of others and understanding various problematic situations, which in turn, allows me to effectively communicate my thoughts.

Back in the days, I was rather shy when presenting in front of others and I will either stutter or speak extremely fast. Furthermore, I would stand still at a particular point and not move while giving my presentation. After this going through this course, I have learnt to face the audience, looking in their general direction and also to maintain eye contact with them. This improvement was attributed to the fact that my team had countless number of practice sessions to polish up our presentation skills. In this practice sessions, each individual team member will give feedback to one another and comment on what could be improved. This has definitely helped me to build up my confidence level and improve on the way I presented.

Comments

  1. Dear ShuMin,

    This is a clear reflection. You address some of the means by which you were able to achieve the goals you had set for yourself at the start of the module and also what you still need to work on.

    I appreciate your sharing in this post and the fine effort you made this term.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interpersonal Conflict

Formal Introduction

Analytical Reflection